Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
DH says these are wonderful! Very good served with Raspberry Orange Sauce, recipe in 'zaar. From Heart Healthy Cooking by Becel
- 2 tablespoons becel margarine
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar (I use Splenda)
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray an 8 inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Dust with cocoa, shaking out excess.
- In a small saucepan, melt margarine on low heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in cocoa, sugar, egg, applesauce and vanilla, beating until smooth.
- Gently stir in flour, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely and cut in 16 squares with hot wet knife.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Moist, fudgy - totally yummy. I also added about a 1/2 cup of roughly chopped walnuts, and although they didn't need it - I frosted them. These are really good if you want lots of chocolate flavor with very little guilt! I will make these again, but may have to double the recipe next time! -M :)
This has a half cup of cocoa powder listed in the ingedients but doesn't say when to add it to the recipe. I combined it in with the flour, baking soda and salt and it turned out just wonderful. Great tasting brownies. Very delicious with the Raspberry Orange sauce.
These are a nice low-fat treat. My kids loved them even after I told them they are low-fat....I will be making these again. They are very moist and GREAT ! :)