Recipe by Derf
DH says these are wonderful! Very good served with Raspberry Orange Sauce, recipe in 'zaar. From Heart Healthy Cooking by Becel
Top Review by Mary Scheffert
Moist, fudgy - totally yummy. I also added about a 1/2 cup of roughly chopped walnuts, and although they didn't need it - I frosted them. These are really good if you want lots of chocolate flavor with very little guilt! I will make these again, but may have to double the recipe next time! -M :)
- 2 tablespoons becel margarine
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar (I use Splenda)
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray an 8 inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Dust with cocoa, shaking out excess.
- In a small saucepan, melt margarine on low heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in cocoa, sugar, egg, applesauce and vanilla, beating until smooth.
- Gently stir in flour, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely and cut in 16 squares with hot wet knife.
- Store in the refrigerator.