Prep 18 mins
Cook 14 mins
This is a great gift idea and very quick to prepare because it utilizes a package of fudge brownie mix. Recipe courtesy of Southern Living Ultimate Christmas Cookbook. I substituted coffee for the espresso powder and hot water, and these still turned out great.
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 18 1⁄3 ounces fudge brownie mix
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Dissolve espresso powder in hot water in a 1-cup glass measuring cup, stirring with a small whisk.
- Cool slightly. Whisk in oil and eggs until blended.
- Place brownie mix in a large bowl and break up large lumps with the back of a spoon.
- Stir in espresso mixture until blended.
- Stir in chocolate morsels and walnuts.
- Spoon mixture into 38 greased (1 3/4 inch) miniature muffin cups, filling full.
- Bake at 375 for 12 to 14 minutes or until tops are shiny and crusty and centers are set.
- Cool completely in pans on wire racks.
- Remove from pans using a slight twisting motion.