Recipe by AmyZoe
Sandra Granseth, food consultant, turned a brownie mix into a grown-up dessert by stirring in cinnamon and coffee liqueur. Recipe courtesy of Midwest Living June 2010.
- 19 1⁄2 ounces fudge brownie mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup coffee liqueur
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts (toasted) or 2⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate piece
- 1⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate piece, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan and set aside.
- Prepare brownie mix, following package directions according to cake-like brownies except stir in cinnamon into dry mix and substitute coffee liqueur for water. Stir in nuts.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over cooled brownies in a zig zag pattern.
- Cut into bars.