Recipe by kamragrl
This came from the back of Hershey's Cocoa. You can no longer find this recipe on a box of cocoa or on their website. So here it is for everyone to enjoy. This is the BEST recipe I have found for this cookie and I am always asked for the recipe when I make them. It is super easy and they will melt in your mouth as long as you DO NOT over boil. Over boiling will cause them to be dry, which is the main complaint of No-Bakes.
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter or 2⁄3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts (chopped optional)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup Hersheys cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Line cookie sheet with wax paper or foil. Glad Press and Seal on a table or a counter works great too.
- Measure oats, peanut butter, vanilla, peanuts (if using) and set aside.
- Combine sugar, butter, milk and cocoa in medium sauce pan.
- Cook over MEDIUM heat, STIRRING CONSTANTLY, until mixture comes to a rolling boil. *** (DO NOT OVER BOIL. If you are not sure, remove from the heat once it reaches a boil).
- Remove from heat.
- Add oats, peanut butter, peanuts (if using) and vanilla; stir quickly; mix well.
- Immediately drop mixture by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared surface.
- Cool. Store in cool dry place.
- Make sure you lick the bowl/spoon and enjoy!
- Personal Tips:.
- *I use the Reduce Fat Jiff Peanut Butter and it works great.
- *I add up to 1 1/2 tsp additional of vanilla.
- *I always use butter.
- *Any % of milk will work, I normally use skim or 2%, it doesn’t make a difference.