1/1 Photo of Fudgy Chocolate-Walnut Cookies
Susiecat too's Note:
From French pastry chef Francois Payard, how could they not be fantastique?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Position 2 racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven. Line two large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2Spread the walnut halves on a large rimmed baking sheet and toast in the oven for about 9 minutes, until they are golden and fragrant. Let cool slightly, then transfer the walnut halves to a work surface and finely chop them.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk the sugar with the cocoa powder and salt. Whisk in the chopped walnuts. Add the egg whites and vanilla extract and beat just until the batter is moistened (be careful not to overbeat, or it will stiffen.).
- 4Spoon the batter onto baking sheets in 12 evenly spaced mounds.
- 5Bake the cookies about 20 minutes, until the tops are glossy and lightly cracked and feel firm to the touch. Shift the pans from front to back and top to bottom halfway through.
- 6Slide the parchment paper with the cookies onto 2 wire racks to cool completely before serving.
- 7Cookies may be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fudgy Chocolate-Walnut Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.1
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 68.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 30.3 g
- Protein 6.2 g