Recipe by Anita Harris
Haven't tried this one yet but it looks yummy and plan on making it soon. I got it off of a Betty Crocker cake mix box. Prep time not included in recipe.
Top Review by Brayden'sMoM
OH, it didn't knock my socks off but still good. I definately followed advice to melt chocolate chips last and glad I did because it was hardening before it made it in the oven. Also I doubled that part of the recipe and glad I did. More chocolate chips and more sweetened condensed milk because the cake part of it was nothing special. It was easy to make and tasty I just don't think I'll make this one again.
- 1⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 package betty crocker supermoist chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9" springform pan with shortening then lightly flour.
- Microwave the condensed milk and chocolate chips in a small microwavable bowl uncovered on Medium (50%) about 1 minute or until chocolate is melted; set aside.
- Beat cake mix (dry) and oil in a large bowl on low speed for 30 seconds (mixture will be crumbly); reserve 1 cup.
- Beat applesauce and eggs into remaining cake mixture on low speed for 30 seconds (batter will be thick and grainy); beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Drop chocolate chip mixture by teaspoonfuls over batter, dropping more around edge than in center.
- Stir pecans into reserved cake mixture; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until center is set; cool 10 minutes.
- Remove side of pan; cool torte completely.