Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
We were having a Memorial Day party and I wanted to make an over the top dessert. Thanks to Epicurious.com I found just the right one. Decadent and rich!
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 12 ounces fresh raspberries
- Make cake:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line 9x9x2 baking pan with foil. Butter foil; dust with flour. Stir chocolate and butter in medium saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth. Add jam and whisk until melted. Cool slightly.
- Using electric mixer, beat sugar and eggs in large bowl until mixture thickens, about 6 minutes. Sift flour and baking powder over egg mixture and fold together. Gradually fold in chocolate mixture.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake until top of cake is slightly crusty, begins to crack and tester inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 45 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. Gently press down any raised edges of cake to make even. Cool in pan. Invert cake onto platter. Peel off foil. Trim 1/2 inch off each edge of cake.
- Make glaze:.
- Stir cream and jam in small saucepan over medium heat until jam melts; bring to boil.
- Remove from heat. Add chocolate and stir until melted. Let stand until cool but still spreadable, about 15 minutes.
- Spread glaze over top of cake. Immediately arrange berries atop glaze. Chill until glaze sets, about 10 minutes. This can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and keep chilled.
- Cut into 12 pieces and serve.
mmmm ... mmmm it was so good not a crumb all gone after my company went home,i have to make this again it was so good