Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
The most decadent bar you will ever taste.
Make and share this Fudgy Chocolate-Oatmeal Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Set aside 2 tbsp of butter.
- Beat remaining butter in large bowl on medium speed of mixer for 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar and beat until combined.
- Beat in eggs and 2 teaspoons of the vanilla.
- Stir together flour and baking soda in another large bowl.
- Stir in oats.
- Gradually stir flour mixture into beaten mixture, set aside.
- Combine remaining 2 tbsp of butter, sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips in medium saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until chocolate melts, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of almonds and remaining vanilla.
- Press 3 1/3 cups of oats mixture into bottom of an ungreased 15 1/2x10 1/2x1-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Spread chocolate mixture over the oats mixture.
- Using your fingers dot remaining oats mixture over the chocolate.
- Sprinkle the remaining almonds.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until top is lightly browned (chocolate mixture will still look moist)
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into 2x1-inch bars.
I can't wait to make this! I think this is the same as the recipe I used to make a few years ago that I had gotten from an almond ad in Better Homes and Gardens. I never copied it down and misplaced the recipe, and I've been missing these! They are rich, fudgy, easy to make, and always a hit everywhere I've taken them!