1/2 Photos of Fudgy Chocolate Layer Cake With Raspberry Chambord Whipped Cream
I bought a convection oven and I was playing around with some recipes and combined a German chocolate recipe with a fudgy chocolate recipe and then my mind just went in a totally different direction - the directions the recipe that I wrote here are for three layers and I think in a conventional oven that would be best - I tried doing my first one which is pictured here in a spring form (because of the convection oven) and then just sliced it in half - I would not recommend that - I was lucky I had wrapped tin foil around the bottom of the pan - the batter is so liquid that it runs through - so three single layer pans will work best - I made this last weekend for my neighbors birthday and everyone was drooling - hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 tablespoons espresso powder
- 1 cup hot water
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- 2Line the bottoms of three 8" round pans with rounds of parchment paper. Spray pans and paper with vegetable cooking spray.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, whisk the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 4In a small mixing bowl, whisk buttermilk, eggs and vanilla.
- 5In another glass measuring cup, melt the butter in the espresso grounds and hot water.
- 6Using a whisk, beat half of the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients at low speed. Beat in half of the coffee mixture, scrape down the bowl. Beat in the remaining buttermilk and coffee mixtures. Pour into the pre lined pans and bake for 30 minutes or until the cake slightly cracks or pops back.
- 7For the Filling:.
- 8Bring the water and sugar to a boil add raspberries and cook down till you have a syrup (nearly jam consistency). Cool and set aside.
- 9Once cake is cooled cover each layer of cake with 1 ½ ounces of Chambord liquor add 1/3 of your raspberry mixture and spread over the top of each layer.
- 10Whip 1 pint of Whipping Cream to near peak add ¾ cup confectioners sugar and ½ tsp vanilla. Whip till peaks appear.
- 11Place one half of the whip cream mixture over the first two layers and spread evenly.
- 13Bring cream to a boil (stirring constantly) add chocolate remove from heat and cover for 5 minutes – uncovered and whisk fill smooth, cool for 10-15 minutes. Allow the Ganache to cover the top of the cake and drizzle down the sides. If you are watching your calories this is not the cake for you – but if you love chocolate – yummy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fudgy Chocolate Layer Cake With Raspberry Chambord Whipped Cream
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.7
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 67.8 mg
- Sodium 261.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 44.8 g
- Protein 4.6 g