A big hit at a recent cook-out. They were gone before we had finished bbqing the main course!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter
- 12 ounces best quality bittersweet chocolate
- 6 ounces best quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder or 2 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped toasted walnuts
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Butter 13 X 9 inch glass baking dish.
- 2Melt butter and 12 oz chocolate in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Let cool 15 minutes.
- 5Sift flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- 6Beat together sugar, eggs, espresso powder and vanilla in large bowl until blended.
- 7Add melted chocolate mixture and beat until smooth.
- 8Add dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- 9Fold in walnuts and 6 oz coarsely chopped chocolate.
- 10Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 11Smooth top.
- 12Bake until top looks dry and tester inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 30 minutes.
- 13Cool completely before cutting.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fudgy Chocolate-chunk Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.4
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 74.8 mg
- Sodium 215.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 4.2 g