Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A big hit at a recent cook-out. They were gone before we had finished bbqing the main course!
- 1 cup butter
- 12 ounces best quality bittersweet chocolate
- 6 ounces best quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons instant espresso powder or 2 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter 13 X 9 inch glass baking dish.
- Melt butter and 12 oz chocolate in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Let cool 15 minutes.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat together sugar, eggs, espresso powder and vanilla in large bowl until blended.
- Add melted chocolate mixture and beat until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Fold in walnuts and 6 oz coarsely chopped chocolate.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Smooth top.
- Bake until top looks dry and tester inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Absolutely delicious fudgy brownies--these will satisfy any chocolate craving! This is the first time I used bittersweet chocolate and it is wonderful in these brownies, even though I skipped the walnuts (ds dosen't really care for nuts). Evelyn thanks for sharing this keeper--an absolute must for every chocolatic!