Recipe by gorillawarfare
Half chocolate chip cookies, half brownies! A delicious recipe from Bakingdom.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 -6 tablespoons milk
Vanilla glaze (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8×8-inch square baking dish with non-stick baking spray, or grease and flour the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter and brown sugar together.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture until just mixed (be careful not to overmix).
- Fold in the chocolate chips and spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the cookie layer bakes, prepare the brownie batter. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter.
- Once melted, remove from heat and whisk in the sugar until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Once the cookie layer comes out of the oven, immediately pour the brownie batter on top and return the pan to the oven.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with a few crumbs clinging to it. Allow to cool completely before frosting or serving.
- To make the frosting: In a medium bowl, cream the butter.
- Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar, cocoa and vanilla.
- Add the milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, as needed, until frosting reaches desired consistency.
- To make the glaze: Combine the sugar and the vanilla in a small bowl.
- Whisk in the milk, a little at a time, until the desired consistency is reached. The glaze can be piped on top of the frosting for decoration.