Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Great American Recipes, International Masters Publishers
Make and share this Fudgy Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces white chocolate, for garnish, finely grated and chilled
- 1 cup unsalted butter, soft
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa, plus
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- 10 1⁄2 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken in pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the base of two 8" round cake pans. Line with parchment. Combine butter, sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and eggs in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer on med. speed, beat until smooth. Beat 2 minutes Divide batter between pans.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick test comes clean. Cool in pans 1 minute Turn out onto racks, peel off parchment, and cool completely.
- For frosting, heat heavy cream just until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Add broken semisweet chocolate and stir until melted. Let cool. Chill for 30 mins., then whisk until thickened to a spreadable consistency. Use one third of frosting between layers and rest to frost top and sides of cake. Sprinkle grated white chocolate on top.