Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A slightly softer version of biscotti, although if you want them hard just cook for another 10 minutes at the end until they are crisp.
- Beat butter and sugar in a small bowl with electric beaters until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the sifted flour, bicarb soda and cocoa.
- Stir then add nuts and chocolate and mix in to a smooth dough.
- Divide dough in half and roll each half into a 30cm log shape.
- Place onto a greased oven tray.
- Cook in 180 degree C oven for about 30 minutes.
- Cool on tray.
- Using a serrated knife, cut biscotti diagonally into 1 cm thick slices.
- Place slices in a single layer onto baking paper lined oven trays.
- Cook at 150 degrees C for 15 minutes or until biscotti are crisp around the edges but sligtly soft in the centre.
- Cool on trays and serve with fresh brewed coffee.
These were difficult to slice because of the almonds. Good flavor though. Thanks for sharing.