Recipe by itsnevrenough
A yummy and rich pie. I found the recipe in a local newspaper shopping ad. Cook/prep times include cooling times.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on package (from 15 oz pkg.)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2⁄3 cup hot fudge sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur (optional)
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- chocolate curls (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450.
- Make pie crust as directed on package for one-crust baked shell using 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Gently stir in whipped cream for filling.
- Set aside.
- Stir hot fudge topping to soften.
- Spread in bottom of shell.
- Carefully spread cream cheese mixture over fudge layer.
- Spoon the pie filling evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.
- Just before serving, garnish individual servings with whipped cream and chocolate curls.