Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another TOH on-line recipe. A little differant from the other recipes I've seen on here, made with light ingredients like yogurt and egg whites, but soft and chocolaty. I wanted to frost mine (which I'm know takes away from the lower fat part) and used Chocolate Frosting for Brownies (Or Cake, or Cupcakes)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 6 tablespoons nonfat yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, to dust tops
- In large bowl, combine sugar, cocoa and yogurt.
- Stir in egg whites and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in flour and nuts just until combined.
- Pour into an 8 inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
These are dry and rubbery. I ate two, the rest I might give to the birds. I put in two whole eggs and used butter for the pan. I took them out 5 minutes early, cause they looked done. Maybe at 15-20 minutes they'd be better?