Recipe by Bonnie G #2
Another TOH on-line recipe. A little differant from the other recipes I've seen on here, made with light ingredients like yogurt and egg whites, but soft and chocolaty. I wanted to frost mine (which I'm know takes away from the lower fat part) and used Chocolate Frosting for Brownies (Or Cake, or Cupcakes)
Top Review by boozecakes
These are dry and rubbery. I ate two, the rest I might give to the birds. I put in two whole eggs and used butter for the pan. I took them out 5 minutes early, cause they looked done. Maybe at 15-20 minutes they'd be better?
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 6 tablespoons nonfat yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, to dust tops
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine sugar, cocoa and yogurt.
- Stir in egg whites and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in flour and nuts just until combined.
- Pour into an 8 inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.