Recipe by echo echo
The texture is very chewy rather than cake-like. The almond and chocolate flavors blend well. Nowadays I melt the chocolate & butter in the microwave.
Top Review by Jen's Kitchen
I did not have almond extract so I used double the amount of vanilla and they came out great. I would suggest cooking them a little less than 45 minutes as the next day they turned hard as a rock! I would do this recipe again though!
- 1 cup soft butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Cream 1/2 cup of the butter with the sugar.
- Add the eggs and beat until light.
- Stir in the vanilla and almond extract.
- Melt the rest of the butter with the chocolate in the top of a double boiler; cool and beat into the first mixture.
- Add the flour and salt and mix well.
- Pour batter into a greased, floured 13 X 9 inch pan and bake 45 minutes.
- Cool in the pan and cut into 42 squares by making 5 slices across and 6 slices lengthwise.