1/7 Photos of Fudgy Brownies
Wish I Could Cook's Note:
From Vegetarian Times September 2008, these are delicious brownies, that just happen to be vegan. But if you don't tell, no one will know, they are terrific! Feel free to add nuts or other goodies. You'll make these a bunch, so try something different each time. I've also made them in a mini muffin pan topped with red/green M&Ms for Christmas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour (plain flour works fine too)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 mashed banana (riper the better)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plain soymilk (cow's milk works fine too)
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Coat 9-inch-square baking pan with cooking spray.
- 2Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl.
- 3Melt chocolate chips with canola oil in double boiler, stirring until smooth. (Or heat in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.).
- 4Remove from heat, and whisk in banana and sugar.
- 5Combine soymilk, flaxseed meal, and vanilla in measuring cup, then fold into chocolate mixture.
- 6Stir chocolate mixture into flour mixture until just combined, then spread in prepared baking pan.
- 7(If topping with M&Ms, sprinkle them on now.).
- 8Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out dry, but middle is still soft.
- 9Cool in pan on wire rack, then cut into 16 squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fudgy Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.5
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 35.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 1.4 g