Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is by far our favorite brownie recipe. It bakes into a fugdy, chewy treat, not cake like. Originally from a TOH magazine, I thought I would share here. I have also used semisweet baking chocolate squares instead of the unsweetened.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 unsweetened chocolate squares (1oz each)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans (optional)
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate, over low heat, until smooth.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sugar, add eggs, & vanilla. Mix well. Stir in flour and salt. Add pecans.
- Spread into 2 greased 8" square baking pans. Bake @ 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners sugar if desired. Cut into bars.
These brownies were very fudgy. I followed the recipe exactly. I baked mine in 1 13 x 9 pan and it baked for 30 minutes @ 350.