Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These brownies are extremely easy to make and are always a hit. They are a cross between fudge and brownies. The hardest part is waiting for them to cool completely! These do not need any icing. This recipe doubles beautifully, in fact I never make just a single recipe.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. While the oven is preheating, put an 8x8 pan with the butter in the oven to melt the butter.
- In a bowl mix the brown sugar, cocoa and melted butter. Add the vanilla and egg. Mix well.
- On top of this put the white flour and baking powder, I swirl them together and then mix into the wet mixture. Add chips.
- Bake for 15 minutes, no longer! The edges will be dry looking and the centre will look like it isn't completely done.
- I add all sorts of different chips to this recipe, or chop up left over Easter treats, chocolate bars etc. Anything goes!
Great brownies ! I did double and used a 9 by 13 pan. Used choc. chunks not chips. Next time I may add a couple extra T of cocoa powder. But wonderful as written as well. Chewy- crackle/ sheen on top- beautiful brownie recipe ! Will make again !! I wanted a really fudgey one and this was perfect !
When you said fudgey, you meant it! These were pretty good. The only thing I didn't like was that I could taste the vanilla in my mouth while eating it. Still, it was pretty good! Also, 15 minutes was noway near baking time for me. I don't know why, but I had to bake it for 20-25 minutes. Also note that I used a bigger pan, so maybe that changed it. I only had 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla extract, so I also used 1/2 of imitation vanilla extract. And it didn't rise as much as I'd expected. I used this brownie recipe instead of the one shown at recipe 32899, and it went pretty well. Reviewers over there said the brownies were cake-like, so I wanted something more fudgey. Also, the batter really looked like chocolate frosting. MMmm mmm..