Recipe by mythreesons
These brownies are extremely easy to make and are always a hit. They are a cross between fudge and brownies. The hardest part is waiting for them to cool completely! These do not need any icing. This recipe doubles beautifully, in fact I never make just a single recipe.
Top Review by staceyelee
Great brownies ! I did double and used a 9 by 13 pan. Used choc. chunks not chips. Next time I may add a couple extra T of cocoa powder. But wonderful as written as well. Chewy- crackle/ sheen on top- beautiful brownie recipe ! Will make again !! I wanted a really fudgey one and this was perfect !
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. While the oven is preheating, put an 8x8 pan with the butter in the oven to melt the butter.
- In a bowl mix the brown sugar, cocoa and melted butter. Add the vanilla and egg. Mix well.
- On top of this put the white flour and baking powder, I swirl them together and then mix into the wet mixture. Add chips.
- Bake for 15 minutes, no longer! The edges will be dry looking and the centre will look like it isn't completely done.
- I add all sorts of different chips to this recipe, or chop up left over Easter treats, chocolate bars etc. Anything goes!