Recipe by momtallica
These will not last very long after you make them. Vegan, gluten free black bean brownies adapted from a recipe on Dr. Fuhrmans website.
- 2 cups canned low-sodium black beans, drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, ground
- 1 -2 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor combine the black beans, dates, almond butter and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Mix in the cocoa powder and chia seeds, blend until smooth.
- Add the almond milk if too dry. (if the cocoa powder doesn't mix in).
- Spread into a 8x8 baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours at 200 degrees F.
- Cool and cut into squares.