Recipe by TasteTester
These are terrific -- I think the addition of white "chocolate" adds a nice flavor and lightens up the taste of the brownies.
- 19 ounces fudge brownie mix
- 3 eggs
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate piece
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecan pieces
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup pecan pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Stir in half of the white baking pieces, all of the semisweet chocolate pieces, and the 1/2 cup of chopped pecans. Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake about 25-30 minutes or until center is set. Sprinkle with the remaining white baking pieces; bake for 1 minute more. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl combine melted butter and hot water; stir in powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla. Beat by hand until smooth. Spoon over top of brownies. Sprinkle with the 3/4 cup pecans. Cool about 1 1/2 hours or until frosting is set. Cut into bars.