Top Review by JennyMidget
Really quick and easy, and a delightful little extra sparkle to a plain muffin recipe. I made mine as mini-muffins, half filled the muffin cups and then popped in a large cooking chocolate button, before topping with the rest if the muffin mix. Turned out with delightful gooey choc fudge centres! And not a SCRAP came home from play group!
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 177.44 ml packed brown sugar
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 3 medium mashed bananas
- 295.73 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 6 (263.65 g) milk chocolate candy bars
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine bananas, milk, egg, oil, and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 1/3 full.
- Break each candy bar into 12 pieces; place 2 pieces in each muffin cup.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Chop remaining candy bar pieces; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.