Recipe by -------
My mom has been making this recipe since I was little. It only lasts about 2 days in our house!! Instead of refrigerating for several hours, you can just put it in the 35-45 degree weather for 1-2 hours.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan heat together butter (or margarine) & water just to boiling, stirring to melt butter (or margarine).
- Sift together powdered sugar, dry milk powder, cocoa powder, & salt into large mixing bowl. (If powdered sugar is lumpy, sift again).
- Add melted butter mixture.
- Stir till well blended & stir in chopped nuts (optional).
- Turn into a buttered 8x8x2-inch pan. Chill several hours.
- Cut into squares.