Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Originally from "the 55 Best Brownies in the World".
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the margarine and chocolate in a saucepan or double boiler and heat over simmering water until melted. Remove from heat.
- Beat in sugar; add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla, flour, salt and nuts.
- Pour batter in an ungreased 8" square pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool slightly; cut into 2" squares.