Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
my mom found this recipe in a magazine from 1973 - and has made it often since. it is very easy and absolutely wonderful! everyone that has tried it just loves it!
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 2 cups walnuts or 2 cups pecans
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- melt together chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and sweetened condensed milk in double boiler- fold in nuts.
- on waxed paper- form a ring using large spoonfuls of fudge.
- place in freezer for 1 hour- then refrigerate until ready to serve.
Had to comment on this...My mom found the same recipe, in the same year as your mom (1973). She and I made this for my 10th birthday slumber party - in fact we made 2 of them. Ten 10 year old girls can eat a lot of fudge - they were devoured! This is VERY simple and VERY good. I let my kids make this last year to take to a church potluck, and they made sure everyone tried it.