Recipe by andypandy
This recipe came to us from a young Swedish girl that was in the local Rotary Student Exchange program. She went to high school with my daughter, and was fascinated with our doughnut shops. She never went back to Sweeden, stayed right here in the Sault.
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups crushed gingersnap crumbs
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup 35% cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken in pieces
- 1⁄2 cup mixed nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup slightly chopped raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Melt butter and stir in the crumbs.
- Combine well, and press onto bottom of pan.
- Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese until soft and add in brown sugar.
- Beat in well eggs until smooth.
- Bring the whipping cream to a boil in a saucepot.
- Remove from heat and stir in the broken chocolate.
- Stir well until melted.
- Cool slightly.
- Blend chocolate into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the chopped nuts and raisins.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake 45 minutes or until set.
- Remove and cool at room temperature.
- Cool before removing pan.
- When serving garnish with a light dusting of powdered sugar.