Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
delicious no bake chocolate slice
- 1 packet plain biscuit
- 2 eggs
- 150 g butter
- 125 g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup sultana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- chocolate icing (to ice fudgecake)
- Put biscuits in to a plastic bag and seal end, with a rolling pin crush them till they are broken in to small pieces.
- Lightly beat eggs.
- In a small pot gently melt butter and stir in the sugar and cocoa.
- Remove from heat, cool to lukewarm and stir in the eggs.
- Return to the heat and stir until the mixture is smooth and thick and just starting to boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in walnuts, sultanas and vanilla.
- Then stir in biscuit crumbs.
- Mix well and press lightly into a lightly buttered sponge roll tin.
- Set aside in a cool place for a couple of hours.
- Ice with your fav chocolate butter icing and cut into bars.
A trip down memory lane. This is exactally how Mum made our fudgecake. We always had this in our cake tin. Today I used Milk Arrowroot biscuits and no walnuts. Thanks Evie!