Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A sinful treasure.
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- whipped cream
- additional chocolate chips
- Mix in a bowl, all the crust ingredients.
- Press mixture into the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan; chill.
- In a big bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually add milk; beat until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate chips, eggs, and vanilla; stir until well blended.
- Pour into crust.
- Place cheesecake/pan in a large rectangular baking pan filled with 2 inches hot water; place in a 300 degree oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and water-filled pan and cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen.
- Cool at room temperature for 3 hours.
- Chill overnight.
- Just before serving, remove sides of pan.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate chips.
Oh wow, yes, this is truly a cheesecake for the chocolate lovers out there. The filling is so smooth and creamy, just as the name says - truffle. The crust, I did use graham crackers and it came out sinful nonetheless. I cut the recipe servings down and made a 5 inch cheesecake. I garnished the top with a very thin layer of hot fudge sauce (which was not hot btw) and piped on some whipped cream. Beautiful presentation and truly a sinful treasure. Thanks for posting this!
Sinful is just the tip of the iceberg! This was very moist, dense, creamy, rich and chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. I cut it into 16 pieces, and then cut down from there too because it is THAT rich. I did use graham cracker crumbs in place of vanilla wafer crumbs (I was out of those) and it came out beautifully. This dessert if for those who like rich, decadent, and chocolate!. Thanks NurseDi
This is a fantastic cheesecake. My son requests it every year for his birthday, but with a few additions: Add 1/4 cup coffee liqueur to cheesecake mixture before baking. Serve with raspberry sauce and whipped cream. YUM!!!!