Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A sinful treasure.
Top Review by Roxanne J.R.
Oh wow, yes, this is truly a cheesecake for the chocolate lovers out there. The filling is so smooth and creamy, just as the name says - truffle. The crust, I did use graham crackers and it came out sinful nonetheless. I cut the recipe servings down and made a 5 inch cheesecake. I garnished the top with a very thin layer of hot fudge sauce (which was not hot btw) and piped on some whipped cream. Beautiful presentation and truly a sinful treasure. Thanks for posting this!
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- whipped cream
- additional chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix in a bowl, all the crust ingredients.
- Press mixture into the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan; chill.
- In a big bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually add milk; beat until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate chips, eggs, and vanilla; stir until well blended.
- Pour into crust.
- Place cheesecake/pan in a large rectangular baking pan filled with 2 inches hot water; place in a 300 degree oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and water-filled pan and cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen.
- Cool at room temperature for 3 hours.
- Chill overnight.
- Just before serving, remove sides of pan.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate chips.