Recipe by Julie B's Hive
Rice pudding without this topping is just another rice pudding according to my husband who has me make this no less than once a month. From My Great Recipes.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cooked long-grain rice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1 1⁄2 ounces melted unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Scald milk in a heavy saucepan and stir in rice.
- Mix sugar, flour and salt and whisk into the scaled milk. Coo over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Stir a small amount of mixture into eggs then stir back into saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add the vanilla. Pour into a shallow 1 1/2 quart buttered baking dish.
- Bake at 300°for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before spreading with Fudge Topping.
- Fudge Topping:.
- Beat 1 cup powdered sugar 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1 1/2 tablespoon milk. Stir in 1 tablespoon softened butter, 1 1/2 oz. unsweetened melted chocolate and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Beat until blended and of spreading consistency. Spread on top of rice pudding and top with the 1/4 chopped walnuts.