2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 5 mins
This decadent cheesecake is a chocoholic's dream. It's silky smooth and deeply chocolate. Be careful not to overbake. The filling will wobble when the pan is gently shaken, but will firm up as the cheesecake cools.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, caramelized* (see below)
- 4 1/4 ounces Skor candy bars, crumbled-much easier if you freeze the bars first (3 regular sized bars)
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature (do not use light cream cheese)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 6 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted and cooled
- semi-sweet chocolate baking square (quantity two, one ounce each)
- chocolate curls
- 1*To Caramelize sweetened condensed milk:.
- 2To caramelize the sweetened condensed milk, simmer slowly in the top of a double boiler for about an hour, or longer, until it thickens and turns a golden brown.
- 3Stir occasionally.
- 4Set aside to cool.
- 5Generously grease the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- 6Wrap the outside of the pan with a double layer of foil to prevent the butter in the crust from leaking out.
- 7Combine the chocolate crumbs and melted butter and press onto the bottom and part way up the sides of the greased pan.
- 8Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 10 minutes then set aside to cool.
- 9Spread the caramelized sweetened condensed milk over the cooled crust (warm it in the microwave for a few seconds if necessary). Sprinkle the 3 crushed Skor bars evenly over the caramel layer.
- 10If you've had to reheat the caramel before spreading, let it cool for a moment before adding the Skor bars.
- 11With an electric mixer, beat the softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth, scraping down the bowl several times.
- 12Add the eggs, one at a time and beat only till smooth (don't overbeat the batter once you've added the eggs or the cheesecake could crack).
- 13Quickly stir in the melted chocolate and Kahlua (can do this by hand).
- 14Pour the batter over the caramel layer.
- 15It should almost fill the pan.
- 16Place cookie sheet under the springform pan (this is in case of overflow--it shouldn't overflow, but just be safe)!
- 17Bake the cheesecake in a preheated 350°F oven for approximately 50-55 minutes.
- 18It will be set around the edges, but the center will wobble when you gently shake the pan.
- 19Turn the oven off and leave the cake in the oven for 1 hour, then completely cool at room temperature before putting it in the fridge.
- 20Run a sharp knife around the edge of the cake when it first starts to cool so that it doesn't pull away from the sides of the pan and crack.
- 21Refrigerate overnight before removing the sides of the pan.
- 22To garnish, melt 2 squares of semi-sweet chocolate and drizzle over the top and down the sides of the chilled cake.
- 23Pile chocolate curls in the center.
- 24Tip: Before preheating the oven set a large pan of water on the bottom rack.
- 25This adds moisture while the cheesecake is baking and will help to prevent cracks.
- 26**Cook time does not include cooling cheesecake or overnight refrigeration.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fudge Toffee Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 954.4
- Calories from Fat 528
- Total Fat 58.7 g
- Saturated Fat 34.6 g
- Cholesterol 218.5 mg
- Sodium 608.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 77.7 g
- Protein 16.0 g