Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This chocoholic's recipe was found in the 2006 Taste of Home cookbook, Everyday Light Meals. Preparation time does not include the 6 hours of freezing time.
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 2⁄3 cups milk (1% fat)
- 2 tablespoons milk (1% fat, yes, again!)
- In a saucepan, combine sugar & cocoa, then gradually stir in the 2 2/3 cups of milk.
- Cook & stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved, then pour into either a shallow pan or several ice cube trays.
- Cover & freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- Break frozen mixture into chunks, then place in a blender & add the 2 tablespoons of milk before covering & processing until smooth & slushy.
After I combined the ingredients, I cooled it in fridge and then poured the mixture into a zip-loc bag and froze it. This allowed me to easily break the mixture into chunks. Loved the rich, chocolatey flavour! Made for Everyday Holiday Tag-Mar'10.
Magnific, light and only basic ingredients! It's a frozen hot chocolate, really. Yum.
This was great! It was a bit grainy from the cocoa powder so maybe next time i will cook it longer or use a different powder. I found it hard to let it harden in the freezer for the whole 6 hours. Thanks!