Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
These freeze REALLY well. I like to make them a month or so before Christmas so if an unexpected party comes up or I need a last minute gift, they are ready to go. They also ship really well.
Top Review by Pie Queen
This is a great way to use up left over cake. I used some cake I had already made and more rum. I forgot to add the cocoa, but the cake I used was very chocolaty so didn't notice. Thanks :)
- 1 (18 ounce) package Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Butter Recipe Fudge Cake Mix
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon rum (or more!) or 1 tablespoon rum extract (or more!)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- pecans or walnuts, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease and flour 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Prepare, bake and cool cake following package directions.
- Crumble cake into large bowl. Stir with fork until crumbs are fine and uniform in size.
- Add 1 cup nuts, rum, confectioners sugar and cocoa. Stir until well blended.
- Shape heaping tablespoonfuls mixture into balls. Garnish by rolling balls in finely chopped nuts. Press firmly to adhere nuts to balls.
- Tip: you can also roll them in coconut.