Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from David Lebovitz's wonderful book "The Perfect Scoop." If you make ice cream at home, you gave to have this cookbook! He advises to add this to ice cream this way: coat the bottom of your container with fudge ripple, then add ice cream, layering it with generous amounts of ripple. Don't mix or you'll have muddy ice cream instead of rippled ice cream. My experience is that I need to harden my ice cream or frozen yogurt for an hour or so before l do this, and that the ripple should be really cold-- in fact, it's best if I make the ripple a day or two in advance.
- Combine water, sugar, corn syrup and cocoa powder in a saucepan.
- Bring slowly to a low boil, stirring constantly; be sure to break up any lumps of cocoa.
- Wen mixture begins to bubble around edges, bring all the way to a low boil and cook, stirring constantly, for about a minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Let cool, then refrigerate.
- Add to ice cream as described above.