Recipe by Mark H.
These no-bake cookies take Rice Krispy Treats to a new level. Almost all of the prep time involves chilling the cookies in the refrigerator. I suggest doubling the recipe to keep everyone happy.
Top Review by Caryn
This was a very easy recipe to put together. My 5 yr old assisted me through the entire process licking the spoons as we went along (just based on the spoon licking she asked if we could make it again sometime). The flavor is unique which is a nice change, and I don't think you could tell outright that there was butterscotch and peanut butter in the recipe but a nice combo of flavor. This is a rich bar recipe so I cut the 8x8 pan into 25 bars which were ample for a sweet tooth. Next time I think I'll let my 11 year old make this by herself for the family - it's hard to find recipes that an 11 year old can make all by herself so she'll be thrilled.
- 6 ounces butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 tablespoon water
- 16 ounces chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butterscotch chips and peanut butter over very low heat, stirring constantly until well blended.
- Remove from heat, then stir in Rice Krispies until well coated.
- Press half of Rice Krispy mixture into buttered 8x8 pan and chill in refrigerator.
- Combine water, chocolate chips, powdered sugar, and butter and melt until well blended using a double boiler or a mixing bowl atop a saucepan of boiling water.
- Spread chocolate mixture evenly atop chilled Rice Krispy mixture, lightly press into place, then chill in refrigerator.
- Spread remaining Rice Krispy mixture atop chilled chocolate layer, then chill again.
- Remove from refrigerator and cut into squares.