Recipe by 849910
A delicious ice cream pie with plenty of ingredients you can substitute for your own personal preferences. I got the original from an old Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book.
- 1 1⁄4 cups fine graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 (6 ounce) can evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 quart ice cream (I use Haagen-dazs honeybee)
- 9 inches baked pastry shells, cooled
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- For Graham-Cracker Crust:.
- Combine graham-cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter or margarine, melted; mix.
- Press firmly into 9- inch pie plate.
- Bake at 375°F for 6 to 9 minutes or until edges are browned; cool.
- For unbaked crust, chill 45 minutes; fill.
- For Ice Cream Pie:.
- In saucepan, combine chocolate and evaporated milk.
- Cook and stir over low heat till chocolate is melted, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar and butter.
- Cook over medium heat till thickened, 5 to 8 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Spoon HALF of the ice cream in the cooled pastry shell.
- Cover with HALF the cooled chocolate sauce; freeze.
- Repeat with the remaining ice cream and sauce.
- Cover and freeze overnight or till firm.
- Remove pie from freezer.
- Spread whipped topping over chocolate layer; seal to edge.
- Drizzle top with honey.