Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These brownies have developed a cult following among many of the regulars at Yorktown Height's Gersky's. Make them yourself and you'll see why. They're dark and devilish!
- 170.09 g unsweetened chocolate
- 236.59 ml butter
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 4 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml sliced almonds
- 236.59 ml milk chocolate chips
- 177.44 ml raspberry preserves
- 59.14 ml fresh raspberry (garnish)
- In a large bowl, melt together butter and chocolate in a microwave; With a wire whisk, beat in sugar, eggs, and vanilla - Let cool slightly; Gradually stir in flour and baking powder just to combine; Fold in almonds and chocolate chips.
- Spread about 3/4 of the batter evenly in a 13" x 9" x 2" pan that has been coated with a non stick spray; Carefully spread raspberry preserves on top of the batter; Drizzle remaining batter evenly over preserves swirling top lightly with a spoon; Gently smooth top.
- Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes at 350° or until the top is slightly puffed and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the pan on a rack before cutting and enjoying.
These brownies are sensational!! Didn't have any almonds or milk chocolate chips on hand, but used pecans and semisweet chips with great results.Thanks for sharing :)!!!!
Very good - I used walnuts rather than almonds (personal preference) and used the raspberry jam I had - I melted it slightly first so that it would spread more evenly. I'll sure make this again.
As an extreme brownie lover, I knew I wanted to find a really great recipe to demostrate at my "Cooks and Books" club. I made it a few days ago, and my husband told me these are the best brownies I have ever made. I would have to agree. They are sooo good! I made the recipe exactly as instructed, but found that in my oven, they had to bake 27 minutes before the toothpick came out clean. I also didn't find any fresh respberries for a garnish, so that was kind of a bummer. Thank you for sharing your delicious recipe!