- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Pastry Shells:.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Stir together the flour, baking soda and salt, adding this to the creamed mixture.
- Mix well.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Lightly grease mini-muffin pans.
- Shape batter into 1-inch balls and place balls in lightly greased mini-muffin tins.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and immediately make "wells" in the center of each by lightly pressing with a small teaspoon.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes, then carefully remove to wire racks.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler over simmering water. Stir in condensed milk and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla; mix well.
- Using a small pitcher or pastry bag, fill each shell with filling.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place. Makes 8 dozen cookies.