Recipe by MARIA MAC *
I made this cookie last year for the holidays and everyone asked me to make it again this year.
Top Review by beckerd
I was going to publish this recipe but I see you had beat me to it..lol. My son entered this into the county fair and he won first place. The only thing different with my recipe is instead of putting pecans on at the end, we put 2 Tbsp of chopped peanuts. Yummy cookie!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter, peanut butter white sugar and brown sugars until fluffy.
- Mix in egg and 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture into creamed mixture.
- Shape dough into 48 balls, 1 inch each.
- Place each ball in one compartment of a mini muffin tin.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and immediately make wells in the center of each using a melon baller.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Then carefully remove to wire racks.
- Using a measuring cup fill each shell with the chocolate mixture. Top with a pecan half.
- For filling, put chocolate chips in a double boiler over simmering water. Stir in milk and vanilla, mix well.
- **I also melt white chocolate and drizzle over the completed cookie cups for a finishing touch.