1/1 Photo of Fudge Pudding Cake
This comforting chocolate dessert (a cake with its own sauce) is a favourite with my family; I've been making it for years. It's so easy to whip up, and inexpensive too. I'm positive this was a Company's Coming recipe, although I don't remember in which particular book I found the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, first amount of cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- 3Add milk and oil.
- 4Mix together with a spoon and scrape into an 8-inch casserole that is fairly deep.
- 5In the same bowl, mix brown sugar and second amount of cocoa together.
- 6Add hot water (not boiling).
- 7Stir to dissolve sugar, then pour over batter but DO NOT stir.
- 8Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes; batter should have risen above the sauce and be firm to the touch.
- 9Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or Cool Whip.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fudge Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.6
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 240.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 51.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g