Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe from a friend. Without instant pudding mix. Kid approved! Prep time does not include freezing time.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Hersheys cocoa powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, cocoa, and milk.
- Cook on medium until thick.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and butter and stir until combined.
- Place in molds and freeze until firm.
These were yummy! Easy to prepare and the hardest part was waiting for them to set! I had a little taste while the mixture was still hot (couldn't resist!) and the sweet/chocolate balance was perfect. Definitely be making these again!
These are quite the yummy little treat! The only problem I had was I kept waiting for the ingredients to "thicken" as stated in the directions. Mine never really thickened even after 15 minutes of simmering. It would coat the back of a spoon but I was expecting it to be more like a pudding consistency just before it sets. No worries, I poured it into the popsicle molds and they turned out great. Thx for sharing your recipe.
Delicious and so easy.