Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great anytime but for Valentine's Day present this luscious dessert with words of love handwritten across the plate. To allow plenty of room for your message, choose an oversized dinner plate. Spoon remaining 2 oz. melted chocolate into a small Zip-Lock bag or a small squeeze bottle with a narrow tip. (If using a plastic bag, snip a tiny hole in bottom corner, using scissors). Write "Happy Valentine's Day" in chocolate around the rim of a large plate. Then serve placing 1 slice on prepared plate. Top with Peanut Butter Sauce, whipped topping and additional chopped peanuts. Serve with a kiss!
- 1 1⁄4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 2 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- peanut butter, sauce (recipe below)
- Cool Whip, thawed
- toasted chopped peanuts
Peanut Butter Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Fudge Pie:.
- Combine chocolate wafer crumbs and 1/3 cup melted butter. Press mixture firmly.
- on bottom and up sides of a 9" pie plate.
- Bake at 350, for 6-8 minutes.
- Beat 1/2 cup butter at medium speed using an electric mixer, until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating mixture until.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each.
- Stir in melted chocolate morsels and vanilla.
- Add flour beating at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in 3/4 cup peanuts.
- Pour chocolate mixture into prepared crust.
- Bake at 350, for 28 minutes. Let cool on wire rack.
- Peanut Butter Sauce:.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a small heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Stir in peanut butter and whipping cream, and.
- cook 2 minutes.
- Gradually add 1/4 of hot mixture to egg, stirring constantly.
- Add to remaining hot mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until mixture reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove from heat, and add vanilla.
- Let cool.
- To serve slice pie, and place 1 slice on prepared plate.
- Top with Peanut Butter Sauce, whipped topping and additional chopped peanuts.
Looking for special desserts made a half recipe and found this one easy to make and looks good plated. Very rich, a small serving will please dessert lovers. Good for those times when you want a sweet treat for desert - don't be waiting for valentines day to make this one.