Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
So, so good!
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons coffee, strongly brewed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped, divided
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 9 inches pastry shells (or use your favorite pie crust)
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Place the chocolate morsels in the top of a double boiler. Bring the water to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook until the chocolate melts, stirring occasionally. Set aside, and let cool slightly.
- Beat the butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir in melted chocolate, coffee, and vanilla. Gradually add 1 cup pecans and flour stirring well.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into the pastry shell (or your own pie crust). Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup pecans. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out almost clean. Cool completely on a pie rack. Serve with whipped cream.
Delish! The intro says it all. I made a couple of small changes. I melted the chocolate in the microwave and substituted chopped hazelnuts for the pecans since I was out of pecans. This was simple and so good. My crust got too brown so next time I would put some foil around the edges part way thru cooking. Thanks breezer for a nice winner. Made for For Your Consideration tag.