Recipe by cookiedog
Adapted from "Take Big Bites" by Linda Ellerbee. This is a crustless pie- something like a brownie. Top it with a scoop of ice-cream and some berries- sinful.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate (or 2 ounces of high-cocoa-content bittersweet chocolate)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place chocolate and butter in a 4 cup Pyrex measure or microwave-safe bowl. Place in microwave and heat on high, for 1 minute, stir, and heat for 30 seconds more. Let sit for a minute or so and stir until chocolate dissolves completely.
- Add sugar, flour, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Pour into lightly oiled 9 inch pie pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool for as long as you can wait. If you can't wait, vanilla ice cream helps cool a slice of pie on your plate.