Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was given to my grandmother back in the early 1960's and has been a family favorite for 40+ years!
- Melt the chocolate squares in a double boiler.
- In separate bowl, combine the sugar and flour.
- Add the three slightly beaten eggs and flour mixture to the chocolate, stirring well.
- Add the melted butter, pecans, vanilla and salt to the chocolate mixture and blend well.
- Pour into baked pie shell and bake for 30 minutes (or until middle is set) at 275 degrees.
- Cool and serve (this is so good by itself, but it is SUPERB with ice cream or whipped topping).
DELICIOUS! What a wonderful fudge pie. Exactly what I was looking for, and so easy to make. I don't have a double boiler, so I just melted everything in a small sauce pan over low heat. I also substituted semi sweet chocolate chips for baking squares because that's what I had on hand. It all worked perfectly. I'm not a huge pecan fan, but I included them anyway, and they were sooo good in there! It would be great without them as well. I cooked it for about an hour at 275 as recommended, but it wasn't cooking, so I cranked it up to 350 and that did the trick. Yummy, yummy!