Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Southern Living's Party Cookbook, this recipe alone has proved to be well worth the price of the book (which I've had for YEARS). With one of these in the freezer, you don't ever have to worry about unexpected guests dropping in!
- Melt butter and chocolate together over water (or use the microwave, as I normally do).
- Beat eggs in a bowl and gradually blend in sugar.
- Add flour and salt, blending well, then the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into an ungreased 8 inch pie plate and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool, then freeze.
- This pie does not require thawing before serving.
- Prep time includes baking time.