Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Standing time not included in preparation time
- 9 inches unbaked pie shells
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup pecans, Chopped (optional)
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Melt butter over low heat; add cocoa and stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Stir in sugar, salt, eggs and corn syrup.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Stir in chopped nuts, if desired.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Place pecan halves over top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Let stand 8 hours before serving.
- Garnish with sweetened whipped whipping cream or whipped topping.
Wonderful chocolately pie. Very fudgey and rich. If you like regular pecan pie, I highly recommend this version. Just make sure you don't over bake!