- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (3 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1 cup whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan melt butter.
- Add cocoa and stir until dissolved. Add hot water and stir again.
- With a wire whisk, blend in sugar, flour, salt, vanilla and milk. Stir until smooth.
- Mix in pecans and pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted 1" from edge comes out clean.
- Cool. Serve with whipped cream.