Recipe by mandabears
One more recipe from my vault. Rich, fudgie, nutty and EASY. Starts with a cake mix, not a brownie mix. Enjoy
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped nuts, i prefer walnuts
- 1 (15 ounce) containerready to spread chocolate frosting
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease and flour 13x9 pan, I use Bakers Joy spray.
- Mix 1/2 dry cake mix, butter or margarine, brown sugar, water, and eggs in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add remaining cake mix and 3/4 cup nuts.
- Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until top feels firm when touched.
- Run knife around edges while warm to loosen sides.
- Cool in pan.
- Spread with frosting.
- Sprinkle with nuts.