Recipe by MTpockets
I know this sounds a little odd but when I was a kid I'd beg my mom to make this cake. Now that I have my own family I enjoy it with them. The best thing about it is that it's unusual and really easy.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 4 tablespoons green creme de menthe
- 1 (16 ounce) jar hot fudge (Topping Used for Ice Cream)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, Thawed
- 1 teaspoon green creme de menthe
- green food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven as Directed on Cake mix box,
- Prepare cake mix as directed and add 4 tablespoons Green Creme De Menthe to the cake batter and blend well.
- Bake cake as directed On Cake Box.
- After cake is fully cooled, warm fudge topping, just enough so you can spread it evenly.(If you use fudge topping in a glass jar you can heat it in the microwave and stir it every 25 seconds or so until it's easier to spead/pour onto cake)
- Spread entire jar of fudge topping over cake evenly.
- Let cake w/topping cool completely until fudge layer sets. (refrigerating helps).
- Mix Cool Whip with 1 teaspoon Creme De Menthe and add additional food coloring if you desire (You can make it as light or as dark green as you choose)
- Spread frosting on cake and refrigerate.
- You may top with chocolate shavings if desired.
- You may serve at any time.